© East Glenville Fire Company 2009

EAST GLENVILLE FIRE DEPARTMENT 

Family escapes early a.m. fire; home damaged 

The Daily Gazette, January 8, 2008

  

GLENVILLE - A fire damaged a Glenville family's home Monday morning, burning the living room and sending smoke throughout, officials said.

The residents, a husband, wife, and their young child, escaped serious injury in the blaze.  Al three, however, were taken to Ellis Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation, East Glenville First Assistant Chief Scott Pike said.

Firefighters were called to the home at 22 Jane Drive at about 4 a.m.  The husband awoke and smelled smoke and got his family out.

Arriving firefighters had the blaze under control in about 10 minutes.  The living room was heavily damaged.  Flames had come through the front windows by the time firefighters arrived, Pike said.

Officials believe the fire began in the living room area, where there is a stove, Pike said.  Firefighters were on the scene for about three hours.

East Glenville was assisted by Alplaus, Thomas Corners, Stratton Air National Guard, and Charlton fire departments.  Burnt Hills was on standby.

Property records list the owners of the house as Michael Bischof and Sherry McGrath.