[Officers] The After-Action Critique: Training Through LessonsLearned

jeffrey prescott jpresco1 at nycap.rr.com
Sun Oct 12 08:28:13 EDT 2008

Thank you Bill for this document.  I will be reading it over the next few days.

On the topic, I need to get everyone's thoughts related to the fire.  I am accumulating my own thoughts and questions related to the incident, however, I was not in a position to see everything that was going on.

I would hope that everyone will have some constructive feedback to offer and discuss on Thursday at the drill.  I would suggest that we, the line officers, fill out pages 20-22 for the incident to document any issues that we may have had at the fire.

For those who may not be able to attend the Thursday night drill, please please please provide me any and all of your thoughts related to the fire, good AND bad, so that they all can be discussed and resolved.

So as not to step on any toes, John/Andy/Joe/Jim/Scott, does anyone feel they need to be the lead, as higher ranking and longer tenured officers, for this critique?

Everyone will be involved regardless of who is leading the critique, and I hope we all have constructive input to provide.

Let me know your thoughts so that we can have a good and productive drill on Thursday.

Jeff