[Officers] updates

Arnold Briscoe abriscoe at eastglenvillefd.com
Thu Oct 30 12:16:16 EDT 2008

Couple of items for your info.

Overhead door #2 is still out of service, we await the arrival of another
new motor, which had to be ordered, for replacement. No word on when at this
time.

The SCBA compressor has a broken valve on the left side fill hose. To be
exact, the packing in the valve is stripped and damaged. I have performed a
quick fix on it so we may fill bottles still however, would only limit
either Jack or myself to fill bottles if need be in an emergency. I do not
want anybody to do something wrong safety wise. I have put  a note on the
compressor in that regard. I have a new valve arriving Saturday Morning and
I will install it then. Then it will be OK for everyone to use. Something
for instruction and examining or drills. Not only did the valve get damaged
but also two plastic knobs are stripped out. Firefighters are still cranking
down on those knobs which results in what we are currently experiencing. I
know we have been telling everyone to turn the valves snug only, but
obviously they are not getting it or not listening. I am open for
suggestions on how to keep them from continuing to do this.

Scott Packs are currently having annual flow tests performed. One or two
packs will be out of service during testing for a short period of time. This
should last only Thursday, but it may also be performed Friday morning if he
does not finish Thursday.

That is all for now.

Arnold.