East Glenville Fire Company
Adopt-a-Hydrant Club Program
In an effort to encourage our youth to become familiar with the need to keep fire hydrants clear of snow in the winter we have implemented an Adopt-a-Hydrant Club.
- The intended target of this program are students in elementary school (ideally who fit a shirt size of youth small – XL).
- Must be a resident of East Glenville Fire District #3 (although the hydrant may be on our periphery as that may be your closest hydrant). See map here if you are not sure.
- Youth who are residents are encouraged to adopt their closest fire hydrant by pledging to keep it clear of snow over the winter months.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for maintaining their child’s safety while completing the hydrant clearing task.
- During major storms youth residents whose parent or guardian takes and emails us a photo and complete an online form including a photo release will receive a special T-Shirt showing our appreciation for their efforts.
- East Glenville Fire Company will log which hydrant the child has adopted. We encourage the parents to post a photo for every storm that the child has helped as we may provide special recognition to those who keep their hydrant clear for the entire winter. (More than one child can adopt a single hydrant)
- The program will activate during major snow events where accumulation is expected to block fire hydrants. Keep an eye on our facebook page for announcements.
- Send an email with your photo, name and child (children) name to email@example.com.
- Click the link above to submit your child.
- Post your image and share on social media with your family/friends/neighbors.
- After submitting the required information, you will be contacted to schedule the delivery of the earned T-Shirt by a fire department member.
- Must live in the East Glenville Fire District #3 protection area (see map).
- Only 1 (one) T-Shirt per child per year.
- Maximum of 2 (two) T-Shirts per family per storm (we define the storms as this can be subjective).
- For example, if you have 4 children, only 2 will be allocated a shirt for storm #1, the remaining 2 may earn a shirt in storm #2.
The T-Shirts are available while supplies last and we only have youth sizes (s-xl).